Monday, January 25, 2010

Tales that tell



Tales have been told as long as people have been talking. Tales, well told, communicate their message in a way that all of us like to hear. Many of us may not relish philosophical or moral treatise, but the truth in guise of a good story will be enjoyed by all.

I had always been fascinated, like most children, by the fictional stories told by dadis and nanis, dadas and nanas, by the spiritual masters through their discourses and also the spiritual texts, sometimes, Life itself holds its own stories to tell. The stories with a mystic feel were the ones that attracted me the most, say something like the Arabian Nights, which had a moral behind them, in the guise of entertainment. Some how, I spend a lot of time in my fantasy world, and love to live it. I also try to relate or bring my fantasies to the real world too. Sounds funny , but yeah that's crazy me.

When I talk of Love and Peace, many disbelieve in it, some accept it but as a formality, many doubt its reality and feel it does not happen in the real world. Many also say, these thoughts are good to hear, but they exist only in philosophies, you have to face the realities of Life, Life is tough. But to me, the so called "Real World", seems to be, somehow unreal. Though I live here, I feel I don't belong here, feel disconnected at times. To me it seems like a Mirage, disguised as our home, but is not.

Hmmm...sorry to stray to my inner vision, what I was saying is that mystic tales fascinate me. Authenticity of them is not what is important, but the moral, the message contained in the story is. It is what they are meant for. And what a tale would be, if it doesn't have anything to tell!!

So for some time now, I would like to take a dip in the ocean of the mystic tales and explore and share some pearls of wisdom.

Hey btw, from this, an idea has come to my mind, I have anyways changed the look of my blog, and its kinda new season, of stories on my blog, and the real world too, so may be an idea like having a theme or season of posts on my blog too would be an interesting thing, lemme know what you think of it.

ahem, TALES, he he, me and my mind, I wonder, thoughts are so much like a river, keep flowing always, and you don't know what turn will they take at what moment!! So lets relish on some wonderful instances of experiences of the Buzurg Log, that they've left for us in form of Tales.



(P.S. Images: 1 - stories are never written by *damnengine - deviantart.com
2 - Love Stories by ~trinity-77 -deviantart.com )

2 comments:

Rahul Khatri said...

he he...yeah ayu, its been quite some time since i wrote something meaningful, hope to be regular henceforth!! ^__^

Anyways, thanks for your regular comments and feed backs, love to receive them!!:)

Suruchi said...

Very deep DC
n beautifully written n articulated...
It's amazing how u began here only as an artist and now I see in u a brilliant writer...who manages to express from the heart n flawlessly...

Love ur new look...
Errr...ur blog's;-)